Monday, April 6, 2009

Ch-Ch-Changes

It feels surreal to be back home.
They say the grass is always greener on the other side. That's how I feel now.
When I'm in Singapore, I yearn for the comfort of family, the companionship of my boyfriend, the reliability of friends. I feel sad to miss important occassions and special events.
But being back here, I can't help but also miss the alone time, the independent living, the first world city!
I know, I'm never contented.
If I could transfer everyone I love to Singapore then that would be ideal!

But I loved my time away and it was perfect to do before I settle down.
See the world from another angle, get out of my comfort zone, meet new people, have new adventures. I think I was able to achieve what I set out to do.

I learned what I am capable of and gained confidence.
I learned that I can do things on my own and make decisions (and make mistakes).
I learned that the world has so much more to offer.
I learned to be okay with walking, shopping, eating alone.
I learned to be less afraid of change.

And hey, at least now, I can be a semi-expert on another country and be the resident expert for tourists.

Now, time to start on a new chapter.

No comments: