Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The Office



Today I moved into my "new" office.

I feel that I've been packing and unpacking and moving out and moving in every week! I just settled into my new cubicle 2 weeks ago when the person I replaced moved out after 3 weeks of hand-over (they say that here instead of turn-over which always earns me blank stares whenever I use that word). I cleaned out her old files, organized everything into folders complete with post it's and finally got used to the solo printer and laptop docking station squeezed into the cubicle.

But wonder of wonders, the secretary informed me that I would be getting a room instead as there's an empty one available. For those who do not work in the corporate world, it doesn't sound like a big deal. But for those who do, it is a big f***in deal!

It's such a big deal that my counterpart manager in another brand who has been waiting for a room since she started a year ago even threw a ribbon cutting ceremony complete with complimentary snacks and posed pictures!
It's a big deal because it means more space (hello heels I can leave in the office to slip into my havaianas for going home), privacy (hello facebook for slow times which is quite rare) and of course status in the corporate ladder. And isn't that what everyone aims for anyway?

2 comments:

Ergol said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
~currant7 said...

It surely is a big deal.
Congrats on the new office!